Last Reviewed and Effective: 9/5/2023
Information We Collect
When you engage with our Services, we may collect the following categories of personal information from and/or about you directly or indirectly.
- Identifiers, including your name, address, phone number, email address, job title, company name.
- Commercial data, such as orders you have placed with us.
- Financial data, including payment information.
- Professional or Employment-Related Data, if you apply for a job with us, we will collect information from you to evaluate your application, including information about your job history, professional certifications, and education information.
- Technical Data, including internet protocol (“IP”) address, cookies, java script, web beacons, clear gifs, HTTP headers, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services.
- Usage Data on how you navigate our website, including the content and features you use or view on the website, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect data the online services you visit immediately before and after you access our Services, and the search terms you enter on our website. We may combine information collected through means such as cookies or third-party analytics tools with Personal Information we already have about you.
- Marketing and Communications Data, including your communication preferences in receiving information from us.
- Social Media Application Data, including your “likes” when you engage with us on social media or use our social media plug-ins.
How Information is Used
We may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
Providing our Services and Products
We may use personal information to provide our Services and products, such as fulfilling an order, or responding to a request for marketing material including providing you with information about new products and Services, and other information of interest to you. We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve our inbound marketing technologies and services.
Providing and Improving Our Website
We may use personal information, such as your IP address or information about the pages you visit, to provide our Website to you, to perform analytics, and to make improvements to it.
Communications and Email Alerts
When we communicate with you, we will use contact information you provided to us. We may also market our services to you. If requested, we may also send you emails with promotional information from us or our affiliates. You can change contact preferences at any time. You can opt-out of emails from us.
We will use the information you provide us in your job application to evaluate your application for employment and conduct appropriate pre-hire due diligence.
Legally Required Releases of Information
Disclosures to Successors
How Information is Shared
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of entities for the business purposes described above:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates,
- Our service providers and vendors that assist us in providing our Services,
- Our marketing partners, including social media platforms,
- Our third party analytics providers in order to improve the functionality, features or delivery of our Services, and
- Other entities as permitted by law, in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets, in the event of bankruptcy, where needed to comply with the request of law enforcement or a regulatory agency or other legal process, or to protect our interests or safety of our clients or the safety of other visitors to our website and app.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
In the interest of providing our visitors and customers with a secure online experience, our servers automatically record information when you visit our Website, including the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your request. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our Website.
Change and turn off tracking features in your browser.
You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by visiting the following links:
- For Internet Explorer visit: http://goo.gl/0taI7I
- For Mozilla Firefox visit: http://goo.gl/IKxt9l
- For Google Chrome visit: http://goo.gl/NQIkqE
- For Safari visit: http://goo.gl/7XCOzL
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google provides a free add-on to most major browsers that you can install to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. Visit the following link to download the free Google Opt-out Add-on Tool: http://goo.gl/Ls82zv
Our Services are directed to individuals 18 years or older. If you are under the age of 18, you are not eligible to use our Services.
The security of your data is important to us. We have in place commercially reasonable physical, technical, organizational and administrative safeguards appropriate to the type of personal information we process to protect the security and privacy of your personal information While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no business can fully eliminate the security risks associated with collecting and processing information via the internet.
We will only retain your personal information in identifiable form for as long as needed for the purposes for which it was collected and processed. In determining retention periods, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we no longer need personal information, we either anonymize, securely delete, or destroy it.
Links To Other Sites
Limitation of Liability
You assume the sole risk of transmitting your information as it relates to the use of our Website, and for any data corruptions, intentional interceptions, intrusions or unauthorized access to information, or of any delays, interruptions to or failures preventing the use of this Website. In no event shall California Giant, Inc. or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or monetary damages, including fees, and penalties in connection with your use of materials posted on this Website or connectivity to or from this Website to any other site.
Post Office Box 1359
Watsonville, CA 95077-1359
Phone: (831) 728-1965
CALIFORNIA RESIDENT PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice
- The categories of Personal Information we may collect directly from you or indirectly about you;
- The categories of sources from which we may collection Personal Information; and
- The business purposes for which we collect Personal Information.
Your Consumer Rights
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights to your personal information. These rights include:
- The right to know what personal information the business has collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your personal information, the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses you personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about you;
- The right to delete personal information that the business has collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate personal Information that a business maintains about you;
- The right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of Personal Information by the business—please see the Selling and Sharing of Personal Information section below for more information;
- If the business uses or discloses sensitive Personal Information for certain reasons, the right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information by the business; however, we do not use or disclose sensitive personal information in a way that would trigger this right, and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, including an employee’s, job applicant’s, or independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their CCPA rights.
Selling and Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell personal information (as defined by the CCPA) for purposes of online advertising. We may disclose online identifiers to analytics providers for online analytics with your consent. You may opt-out of this use of your personal information by installing the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.” Google provides a free add-on to most major browsers that you can install to prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. Visit the following link to download the free Google Opt-out Add-on Tool: http://goo.gl/Ls82zv.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your other CCPA consumer rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Consumer Right Request” in the subject line and include all the information requested on the
- Visiting us at https://www.calgiant.com/ccpa-consumer-request-form and complete the Consumer Request Form,
- Calling us at [ ]
Only you or your agent (with proper authorization and proof of identity) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
If you choose to utilize an authorized agent, they must complete and submit the Authorized Agent Designation form or email email@example.com with “Consumer Right Request” in the subject line and include all the information on the
Shine the Light Law
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to request a notice identifying the categories of personal Information that We share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org will respond to one request per California customer each year, and We do not respond to requests made by means other than as set forth above.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Web browser “do not track” settings or signals. We deploy cookies and other technologies on our Service to collect information about you and your browsing activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.